3rd World Social Forum on Migration
The 3rd WSFM was held in Rivas Vaciamadrid, Spain with the theme: “Our voices, our rights, a world without walls”. Under the direction of the International Committee, the 3rd WSFM was conceived as a place for civil society, associations and social movements on a global scale to meet in order to contribute to the construction of a common political memorandum that generates debate, and makes proposals regarding migrations, development, and human rights, in the context of globalization.
The objectives of the 3rd WSFM were:
- To strengthen the global character of the WSFM, encouraging the participation of organisations and organised groups in those places that are important destinations for migration and/or the participation of refugees and displaced persons.
- To boost the presence and active participation of immigrants and immigrant associations and bodies.
- To promote the creation and/or strengthening of different immigrant and refugee associations and the consolidation of social movements.
- To provide a forum for the articulation of networks, establishing the necessary framework for meetings, exchange and analysis to take place.
- To search for a means of achieving a political impact through the establishment of working groups designed to coordinate strategies and produce declarations on key issues